Winter holidays are coming, and it’s time for gifts. As our gift to the community we roll out the first VyOS release, 1.0.0 (hydrogen).
We could delay it and add some more features and fixes, but it’s been a good while since VC6.6 was released, and we fixed some important things that were broken in 6.6, like DHCPv6 relay and IPv4 BGP peer groups, so we think it’s better to provide VC users with an upgrade image and start working on the next release.
Vyatta Core can be upgraded by usual means, “add system image”. Adding Vyatta images from VyOS is not supported though, and we don’t recommend doing it as it can break your boot.
Release highlights include:
- IPv4 BGP peer groups work again.
- DHCPv6 relay works again.
- Web proxy and URL filtering support LDAP for authentication and group mapping.
- Task scheduler (cron) CLI was introduced.
- Configuration scripting was introduced.
There are other fixes and minor enhancements, see release notes for details.
Preferred location for manual (with browser or wget) download is the load balancer, mirror.vyos.net. For “add system image” you’ll need to have a direct link as it doesn’t handle redirects properly (yet). Either go to http://mirror.vyos.net/iso/release/1.0.0, get redirected and copy the link to desired image, or pick a mirror from http://0.uk.mirrors.vyos.net/iso/release/1.0.0/, http://0.se.mirrors.vyos.net/iso/release/1.0.0/, http://mirror.symnds.com/software/vyos/iso/release/1.0.0/and http://packages.vyos.net/iso/release/1.0.0/.
Load balancer links:
- 32-bit image for physical machines:
- 32-bit image for virtual machines:
- 64-bit image (both physical and virtual):
Thanks to everyone who participated and made it possible!